Episode – 008- How to Keep Your Newsletters Out of the Spam Folder
The dreaded spam folder. Your wonderful newsletters don’t deserve to end up there, and yet, it does happen. So what can you do to actually avoid that?
In this episode, I’m sharing with you simple actions you can take today to lower the chances to end up unseen together with scam emails.
Kickstart your Email Marketing – FREE 5 day email course
Main Takeaways from This Episode:
- Be sure to do regular list cleaning of inactive, bounced, unconfirmed subscribers.
- Don’t send a single graphic image.
- Send your emails consistently with a “from” name and email address and avoid using free emails.
- Skip using shortening link services like Bitly
- Make it very easy to unsubscribe
- Pay attention to the spam filter testing before sending
- Stay away from using spam words, for example, risk-free, special promotion, this is not spam, winner, free
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW IN ITUNES
Have you subscribed to my podcast yet? If not, I’d love you to do that right away! I don’t want you to miss out on any of the goodies. I’ll be adding bonus episodes so if you’re not subscribed you’ll likely miss out on them.
I’d be so grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too.
Reviews help people to find my podcast and give that extra visibility boost that will help me create more useful content for you.
Just click this link, and hit the button under the text “please rate and review” and let me know what you think of the podcast. Thank you so much!
Read the transcript of the episode below: